Thursday, April 9, 2015

Cheese Pascha

For those of us celebrating Pascha (Easter) this weekend, here is my  favorite cheese Pascha recipe.



A.K.A. coronary bypass in a spread.


Cheese Pascha
2 lbs of farmers cheese
1 lb of unsalted butter
12 hard boiled egg yolks
2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz each)
1 lb of powdered sugar

*You can add vanilla or other flavorings at this point. 

Bring all of these ingredients to room temperature, then blend together. For years, I used a hand strainer. It was probably more authentic, but last year I started using my electric blender, and, you know what? It came out just fine.

The cheese is traditionally put in a Pascha mold, lined with cheesecloth so that it can drain for a couple of days. I didn't always have Pascha molds, so I wrapped it in cheese cloth, like balls of mozzarella, and let them hang. It should be refrigerated, of course. 

I usually mess up the mold somehow, so I re-construct the cross markings with chocolate chips, or something similar. You can also garnish with fresh strawberries.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...