Monday, August 4, 2014

We've moved!

I am getting back to sewing now. We moved about three weeks ago- back to our home state. Our house is mostly unpacked. Really- all of it is, except my husband's office which is in a dreadful state. The reason why is that we need new bookshelves. My brother is making them for us- I am excited about that. Until then, the room's door will be firmly shut when company comes.


We live on a lake! This picture is a little fuzzy (phone picture), so you can't see the lake outside very clearly. I will say that in person, the view is amazing. I can watch boats go by very frequently. The lake is much bigger than it looks in this photo. It is a long lake, though were live where it is rather narrow.

My sewing room (!) is a dream. It isn't much to look at yet, but it is so nice having an area devoted to sewing, so I don't have to sacrifice my kitchen table anymore. I've already been sewing a lot. I have several orders to finish. They never stop.

Our new parish is great. I used to talk about a lot of personal matters on this blog, but decided that I would rather keep my privacy since I was frequently getting new traffic from sewing posts. If any of you have been following long enough to remember- my husband is an Orthodox priest (Christian, not Jewish- though he is half Jewish :) ). We moved from our beloved monastery because he was assigned to a parish. It is in the foothills of the Adurondacks, which is my favorite part of NY.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back (here, your new home, etc). It's a big transition to move ... well done to have all unpacked already! wow! Busy weeks! Glad you have lots of sewing to do! That's a blessing. Love to you in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your view! Can't wait to hear more about your new home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...