Tuesday, May 13, 2014

An elephant for Katherine

This post is very late. I made this Elephant for a Christmas gift. Katherine loves elephants, so I decided to make her one. Since then, it has become her favorite toy and she sleeps with it every night. Win!


Forgive the blurry camera phone photo. This is the only picture I took before Christmas. I sewed it while she was playing in the other room. I would hide it under cloth when she came in the room where I was sewing (when it began to look like an elephant). I did not use a pattern- I made it up as I was going along. It is made out of some baby bunting that I never used. The dress is a preemie dress that I was given when it looked like Katherine would be born early.


Since then, I have made it some new clothes. This is an altered Geranium dress and an apron. I really want to make more clothes for her. I made the mistake of looking things up on Pinterest and wanting to explode from how cute handmade doll clothing (Waldorf) can be.

When I was making the dress, Katherine told me, "Mommy, you are like a store." Haha.

4 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...