Monday, September 16, 2013

Easy hoodie for kids plus sewing with knit on a basic sewing machine

I found a super easy pattern. It is for a knit hoodie/cowl/shawl neck top for children (12m-6). Really, I think the most effort was cutting out and taping the pattern pieces and cutting the fabric. The step-by-step photo instructions that accompanied the pattern were very simple to follow.

The best part? They are made out of knit! I finally learned how to sew knit on my basic sewing machine. I just needed a ballpoint needle and set the zig-zag to the narrowest width and longest length. Hooray! There have been so many things that I have been wanting to try, but was too intimidated by using my machine on knit. Fear no more!

Any who, you can get the pattern from here. It is an Etsy shop. You will get it as a PDF file, so you can use it over and over in various sizes. After looking up the link to post, I have realized that I used the same fabric as in the shop picture, ha.


My, what willing models I have. Haha! This picture made me laugh so much.

3 comments:

  1. Hilarious photo!!! And thanks for the tip on sewing knits - it has always intimidated me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are fantastic!!! Great fabric choice! ;) SO happy to hear you liked the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I'm planing on whipping up two for my kiddos after Selfish Sewing Week is over. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...