Monday, July 29, 2013

Shiitake ginger chicken soup


Shiitake Ginger Chicken Soup
1 small onion
thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
3 carrots, cut
2 chicken breasts, cut (or you can shred them after cooking)
6 cups vegetable stock
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
(opt) 2 teaspoons of dried hyssop
2-3 tablespoons of oil
(opt) 1/4 cup long grained rice
Sea salt and pepper to taste.

Saute the onion, garlic and ginger in oil. When onion becomes translucent, add carrots. Continue to saute until carrots begin to get soft, then add mushrooms.

While vegetables are cooking, fill a pot with vegetable stock, rice and chicken. Bring to a boil, then let simmer.

When mushrooms are soft, transfer all vegetables to the pot. Let them simmer together for quite a while or at least until chicken and rice are cooked. Add herbs and seasonings.


****
I've decided to start posting my personal recipes. Part of this is for selfish reasons and that is because I always forget how to do it a second time unless it is written down.

3 comments:

  1. nice! I like to post my recipes for the same reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds really good...I made chicken soup with ginger in it this past year, what a nice addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found it so useful to have some of my favorite recipes posted to my blog. It makes it easy to find them, easy to share (I can just give someone a link if they want the recipe), and most recipes I make different than the originals, so it's good to record the changes I make

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...