Thursday, July 4, 2013

Coconut oil

I really like to use coconut oil in many of my baking endeavors. I know it is expensive, but since I save money by making food from scratch, it all works out. Also, sometimes I would rather spend more on a particular product since it is so much healthier.

I have tried several different types of coconut oil. So far, my favorite has been from Tropical Traditions (I was given one to test- it was so much creamier and thick than previous oils that I have tried), though I also like Nutiva, from Amazon. Really, it comes down to whatever is the cheapest.



One of my favorite things to make with coconut oil is homemade deodorant! We have been using this for about a year and it works great. It is especially fantastic on sensitive skin. All you need is coconut oil, corn starch and baking soda (see link for measurements). I also add some drops of essential oils.

I have also made these delicious "Almond Joy" chocolates. Yum yum. It is also vegan.

There are a ton of other things that I use it for. You can substitute it in any recipe that calls for vegetable/canola oil.

Any who, Tropical Traditions is having a good sale today. You can get a free quart of Organic Gold Label Coconut Oil for free! Hooray. The only catch is that you have to spend $16. I combined offers with a buy-one-get-one-free sale. In the end, I will be getting three quarts of coconut oil for $48 (including shipping). It does sound like a lot, but it comes to the same price as Amazon. If you have ever used coconut oil, you have probably noticed that it is not cheap. Personally, I think it is worth it.

Any who, I thought you might like to know about the sale. If you would like to save more money, you can sign up for a referral program so that you get a $25 credit if friends use your link (like mine, haha).

1 comment:

  1. Huge fan of coconut oil here. ;-) Love it! Thanks for the tip, but I have a gallon of Nutiva on hand already. You're right--get it while the price is good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...