Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DIY Easy wood Waldorf inspired toys

I love My kids really like wooden toys. I like the idea of using natural materials instead of plastic. I have been slowly building my kids wooden toy collection. One of the biggest problems is that they are so expensive!

Here is an easy DIY for these Waldorf inspired toys.


You can buy these unfinished wooden shapes at Hobby Lobby or other similar craft shops. They are pretty cheap. I am all crunchy and used natural beeswax crayons to color them, but technically you could use any child safe coloring (paint, crayons, markers, etc...).



The idea is that children learn about sorting, colors, and coordination by putting the right colors together.


For the five minutes it took to take pictures, I was constantly fending Daniel off from stealing them. The kids love them!

4 comments:

  1. Argh! Hobby Lobby sells the men in packs of five and the cups in packs of three! Michaels has the men in six packs, but they're quite a bit smaller and don't look as good as the similar sized ones. Oh, well, I'll use them all at some point. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that's too bad! I got them at Hobby Lobby and I only needed one bag of each.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a couple of artisans who have educated our children in the Waldorf School "Escuela Libre Micael" in Madrid, Spain. That's why we have known this pedagogy and developed a Waldorf toys line in our workshop.
    Now, along with other artisans, have a website with which our products can be delivered to any part of the world. You can see it at the following link:
    http://www.spanishands.com/taller.do?id=1
    Kind regards

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...