Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fun with Macarons


I have been experimenting with my vegetable dyes. It certainly has a learning curve as they do not seem to be as stable as the chemical alternatives, but that does not bother me. Perhaps, someday I will be able to make my own vegetable dye that will work with a macaron (it has to be very concentrated as adding fluid to macarons easily ruins them), but until then, I will keep using these colors. If you are interested, they are from India Tree. I found them to be the cheapest on iHerb.com. The code LBH155 will get you $5-10 off of your first order. Amazon has them too, but I found them to be more expensive.



I used lemon curd, strawberry-rose, rose buttercream meringue, chocolate coconut, and vanilla buttercream meringue for fillings. I pretty much love the whole experience. It is challenging, but I like a good challenge.

Here is a link to my previous post which has recipes and methods (links).



8 comments:

  1. very fun!!! they are so petite and beautiful!!! and the tea cup is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely! As I've already told you, your photographs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made these before but want to give them a try. The non chemical alternative sounds better. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great and I love that you used vegetable dye. I have macaroons on my baking list. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness these look beautiful! Great idea to use vegetable dye! The colors are beautiful, and they look perfectly baked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your macaroons are lovely. The colors are beautiful.
    I'd love for you to come over to Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky party and share your fun idea Party closes Tuesday evening!
    http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/finding-the-pretty-delicious-linky-party-4/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I have been wanting to get natural food coloring. I actually have been using berries (strawberries for red, blueberries for purple) and carrot juice for orange in making frosting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...