Friday, October 19, 2012

Make your own Greek Yogurt

Hello!

I wanted to share this recipe with you. I made it last night/tonight. It is so easy to make creamy Greek yogurt with a crock-pot! I am pretty excited about it. Also, for a starter you just use an ordinary tub of yogurt (small size).







I also referred to this recipe, from Kitchen Stewardship which was a little more informative.

This is pretty much how I looked eating it:



Seriously! It was so delicious. After it was finished, I added honey and vanilla extract. That's it.

4 comments:

  1. Love this!

    I work with AllFreeSewing and have been trying to contact you. Please email me if there is a good way to reach you. Thanks!

    Adam Kaplan
    akaplan@primecp.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try this for a while now, but I haven't had the guts. Was is just as thick and creamy as store-bought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say this without feeling guilty because it it not my recipe. It was some of the best tasting yogurt that I have ever had. Adding a little honey and vanilla was perfect. I am trying another version right now, actually. It is from Martha Stewart's Dec 2012 magazine. It is left out for a shorter time (5-ish hours) so I have much less of a fear of doing something wrong and getting sick.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...