Wednesday, September 19, 2012

House keeping (The blog kind)


                                                                         Source: fassadengruen.de via Rebekah on Pinterest

Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.
                                                                                                             -Charlotte Bronte


I have two new sewing projects but have a snag in getting good pictures of the completed results.

I will be honest and say that I have had a mental "snag" in updating this blog. Through the spring I updated at least once or twice weekly and now I am barely scraping out a post once a month. Of course, a new house, the summer's activities, a short pregnancy, then loss thereof is quite a lot to keep one occupied; however, it has been more than that. I have just had a standstill in content. I even toyed with the idea of deleting Verdant Bents or stop posting altogether. The reason is that I feel like it has been to "me" centered. My sewing projects, my outfits, etc... and I didn't like the feeling of it. It made me feel proud about myself (the bad kind of pride). I talked to my spiritual father today and got good advice for the future. I believe actions speak louder than words, so I am not going to make any promises of regular posting. The one thing that will be changing is that I doubt I will post any more outfit photos. They were fun, but I felt like I was getting too vain, haha (though it isn't actually funny). I am also going to post more than just sewing projects or fashion. If you get tired of those posts, I won't be angry if you want to stop following! My primary purpose for Verdant Bents is still sewing/fashion, but I would like to branch out a little as well.

Ok, enough talking! I have a pattern to finish! (day three of designing a shirt pattern, eep)

What is coming up?
An easy idea for a too short skirt refashion.

A new alteration for my spring top. (This might just include my Heather Ross: Snow White fabric- hooray!)

Stay tuned :)

(A fun game, count how many unintentional cliches I used in this post)


1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand...it seems like a lot of us step back from time to time to re-assess the whole blogging thing. I really enjoy the sewing and fashion posts, but also look forward to whatever else you may write about!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...