Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fun with clothes

I can be quite unfair sometimes. I was just gone for five days. This weekend Matt had to leave for one night and I thought I was going to go crazy. Haha. I should just be glad he isn't in the military!

Dress: ShopRuche
Skirt: Plato's Closet (The brand name is in Japanese)
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory
I love how adding a skirt beneath a dress can both add an interesting new dimension, as well as offer a couple of inches to a hemline. I own several dresses that are too high for my personal preference, but I wear them with layers! It has given me a ton more options when shopping.

Aside from that, I haven't really been wearing knee length dresses or skirts very often this summer- at least outdoors. Since we now live at a monastery, I pretty much only go out in floor length skirts. It sort of evokes the longing I have always had to wear fancy dresses all day and sit around sipping tea while basking in the aroma of giant peonies and roses. Except, now I catch myself wringing my wet hands after washing dishes and chubby toddler fingers with my skirts. Maybe not the same imagery. ;)

Why can't 18th century dresses come back in style? Like, we have been reliving the 1970's and 1980's for how many times now? I have been so happy to see some Edwardian inspired things over the past few months. I am pretty much sure it is all thanks to Downton Abbey. But still, lets get some 1790's going. Teehee.


I got this cardigan from Forever 21 on one of the most satisfying shopping trips I have had in years (last week). I also might have worn this dress with a floor length skirt to church this morning, haha.

3 comments:

  1. I've just started doing this too - wearing another skirt under a skirt or dress as a slip or to lengthen. Had not thought about a shorter dress over a maxi skirt, but may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea about layering a skirt under a too-short dress! SO often I see a dress and think, "if only it were longer! :(" Now I have a possible solution. How nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely stunning! I hope you are doing well. You are in thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...