Sunday, April 22, 2012

Vintage wedding dress skirt

I made this skirt last week from a vintage wedding dress that I paid too much for at the thrift shop (If it is over $10 and at a thrift shop, I start feeling like I might burst a blood vessel), considering it was being sold for one penny less than the original price tag (granted, it was a red-tag clearance, but still!).

Shirt: J Crew
Skirt: Made by me and you can get it here
 I will be putting together a post on how to turn an old dress into an elastic banded skirt. As easy as it sounds there are actually a couple of tricky parts if the dress has a contoured waistline. Still, most of it is palm smacking obvious.

As a side note, I really have to come up with a new pose for these things. I think it is because I feel about a thousand times less awkward if I am not looking at the camera. I am also living in mild fear of my neighbors seeing me as I am in plain view from several windows. Haha.

  pleated poppy WatchOutForTheWoestmans Momma Go Round

9 comments:

  1. It turned out so cute! It definitely looks like something I'd wear, that whole vintage-romantic style, but modern enough that it works! Very cute, and it looks great on you!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd like to know that I stopped by and read some of your posts. Got the link from the Modest Mom Blog which I got from somewhere else I can't remember ;) Ha! Anyway, I do love thinking outside the four corners of my home and reading about how other people "do life." You have a lovely blog . . . and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a lovely blog. I want to check it out more. :)

      Delete
  3. Saw this on WIWW and I love how you turned a wedding dress into a skirt. I should do something with my wedding dress. I would also love it if you linked this post up to my fashion link party, Watch What Im Wearing. Have a great day!

    Doranda
    http://watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com/2012/04/yellow-buisnesslike.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks so bohemian and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, I have been following your blog for so long. I was shocked when I saw it was you who commented. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. That is super creative! It looks really pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...