Saturday, March 31, 2012

Regency Inspired Top


Seriously, don't all pin and comment at once. Ha. It is kind of underwhelming if you know how long it took me (Like, if you read last night's post).

If you didn't read last night's post, my goal was to use a historically correct Regency dress pattern and modify it to make it more modern. As much as I would love to wear regency clothing all of the time, {sigh} I would rather not look like I just left high tea.

It is also fully lined- surprisingly easy!

If you would like to make one yourself, you can use this pattern.

Some of my modifications:

1. I used elastic in the neckline so that it would be nursing friendly and less complicated than a drawstring which the pattern uses.

2. I also used elastic in the waistband since I had already done so in the neckline (historic costumers may wish to delete me at this point- it's ok, I agree; it is a travesty).

3. I added lace to make it pretty.

4. I skipped the sleeves.

5. I added a sash.


I love the pretty fabric.


So, in essence, it is a regency dress, but shorter. A lot shorter.

I have a thing for long shirts. This could pass for a dress by some standards. 
So, that's it!

4 comments:

  1. That is really, really pretty! You did such a nice job, and I love the idea of elastic at the collar- genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am all about nursing friendly shirts! Now I want to make more for myself, lol.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty shirt :) I love the fact that you wanted to use an authentic regency design! That makes it ten times cooler :) The regency style dress is so flattering

    Say x
    eighteenthofmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am pretty much in love with the Regency era, so anything that makes me feel closer to it makes me happy. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...