Friday, March 30, 2012

Phew! a loooong day of sewing

I don't know how many hours I spent at it today. Maybe one staring at fabric, drawing sketches and staring some more. But then... I started cutting/sewing at least by 12pm and just finished around 8pm. Seriously?! Sure I took breaks to feed children and play with them a bit, but most of that time was either sewing, ripping stitches or staring blankly trying to figure out what on earth I was doing.

My goal was to take one of these historically accurate Regency dress patterns:



And make it into something more modern. I used this pattern from Sense and Sensibility Patterns.

Honestly, I don't know why it took so long. Nothing was that hard. I just spent a whole lot of time trying to decide what modifications I wanted. There were a couple parts of the pattern that had me completely stumped and I ended sewing the sleeves on backwards. Later I decided to remove them entirely. At least I know what to do now so making more should be pretty easy.

So, stay tuned for my regency dress... top! Yes, a shirt! Anti-climatic, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...