Sunday, March 25, 2012

Grow your own scallions!

Have you seen this pin?

                                                                    Source: homemadeserenity.blogspot.com via Rebekah on Pinterest

Well, I tried it and it works!

Obviously, it looks pretty sad compared to the previous post. However, the pin has probably at least twenty bulbs, while I have four. The bulbs in the pin had been growing for a longer time (look at the huge roots!). It took about a week and a half for my onions to grow this much. I just put the leftover bulbs in water and put near a window. I left about an inch more of the onions than when I would have when cutting for cooking. Since I don't use scallions very often (and have more bulbs in the fridge), with meal planning, I may not have to buy more for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...