Wednesday, February 1, 2012

House blessing

As Orthodox Christians, we follow the tradition of blessing our homes every January at Theophany. Since several of us live near each other we did three homes at once. When a house is blessed we also pray for everyone who lives there or ever visits. I find it a great way of remembering that we should dedicate every part of our lives to God.
While going through the homes we sang this hymn:
When Thou, O Lord, wast baptized in the Jordan, worship of the Trinity wast made manifest; for the voice of the Father bore witness to Thee, calling Thee His beloved Son. And the Spirit in the form of a dove confirmed the truth of His word. O Christ our God, Who hath appeared and enlightened the world, glory to Thee.

After that, we had some dessert and tea at our house. I got to use my vintage tea set. A friend and I baked a ton so we had a scone bar, fake Oreos and double chocolate banana walnut bread. I went to town with my new food processor- it made it all so. much. easier.





1 comment:

  1. That house looks SO much better with new paint!!! You should have seen it...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...