Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fun with photo editing

Do any of you use the shareware photo editing program: Paint.net? At first I though it was some version of Microsoft Paint, but it is a whole lot better. It isn't as good as some professional programs, but has a lot to offer- especially since it is free. I am a complete novice, bit I thought I would show a before and after.


Here is the original. I wish that I had better lighting, but I didn't feel like waiting until midday when light is the best in our house. I wanted to eat it for breakfast.



This is what I got after cropping, adding glow and changing the illumination via the curves function.



Do any of you have special techniques to share? I would always love some new tips! Remember- I'm a super novice. Photos are always such a challenge to me. I love the crisp photos on Pinterest. At first I thought it was my camera. I still think that it has a lot to do with it, but I have seen other pictures taken with my model (a 10 mp Canon Power Shot) that come out great. I still would like a cheap SLR to come my way, but until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...