Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Delicious pizza dough

Whenever I make pizza, I ALWAYS use this recipe. My mom used it while I was growing up and we both modified it (we separately made the same changes... we MUST be related <3 ).


1 Tbs. yeast
1 C. warm water
3 C. flour
1 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 Tsp. salt
1/4 C. Olive oil

Mix and knead for five minutes. Let it rise for 20-30 minutes. I place it on the stove-top while the oven is preheating as the heat helps the dough to raise more quickly.

Bake at 450 for about 12 minutes. (This part is tricky as my current oven is whacked so I can never rely on cooking times. I just wait for it to be golden brown and cooked in the middle. I also turn the heat down.)

This is supposed to make two pizzas but I always use it for one with a thick hearty crust. The sugar and olive oil give it a unique flavor.


1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm pinning this one, too, so I can remember to make it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...