Sunday, February 12, 2012

The craziest last few days.

Wow. A lot has happened in the past week. Daniel's RSV nearly had him hospitalized twice.The day that he started getting better, Katherine woke up sick. It was the craziest thing. She went to bed seeming fine and literally woke up with pneumonia and was in minor respiratory stress. I took her to the pediatricians' office (not knowing how bad it was- it actually didn't seem that bad) and before noon, she was admitted to the hospital.

It was hard to see her so sick. She was whimpering and withdrawn. By the end of the day after having so many people touch her and do unpleasant things, she started to shake when we changed her diaper. It was heart wrenching. That night was hard. Though Daniel was allowed to be in her room through the day so I could continue nursing both of them, at night I was home with him. Matt stayed with her then. Katherine had to sleep in an oxygen tent that night. When I left her she was crying a lot. It was so difficult to leave. I am glad I did though, because Matt was able to calm her down better than what she would have done with me.

The next day she was much better. My mother had come the day before to help. It was super helpful, too. Today, Katherine was discharged, so we are all home now. I am so thankful it was a short stay. Praise God!

In the midst of it all, another weird thing happened. The first and worst day of her sickness my blog started getting thousands of hits. I am not joking. The shirt to skirt pattern that was published started pushing traffic like crazy. I know it wasn't a bug or webcrawler because I know where the sources were from. The attention is petering off now, but still more action that it has ever previously experienced. So that was nice, right?! I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw my stats.

Poor baby!

6 comments:

  1. Oh how scary! Poor little Katherine and poor you! That must have very stressful for you all. I'm glad that she is home now and beginning to improve. I pray the rest of you stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! That does sound so frightening. Thank God she's ok and you're all home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it was a short stay in the hospital. Hope everyone is on the mend now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are all home! Continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw so sorry you're babies are sick :( I hope they heal up quickly! Congrats on the hits hun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad she is getting better - that sounds so scary! hope you can guys get rest the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...