Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Holidays




Christmas night at my parent's house
Christmas has come and gone. It was a good but tiring week in NY with family and friends. The day that we came home (yesterday) I took down all signs of Christmas. I usually leave it up a little longer, but I was on a cleaning rampage.

This year I decided to put away several of the kids' gifts for later in the year. I did this for a few reasons. One of them is that Daniel will be able to play with his things a lot better when he is more mobile and able to sit up. This way he can have his things new without being previously played with and possibly lost or broken. Secondly, if Katherine has too many toys, she gets overwhelmed and ignores most of them. This way she can enjoy each gift a lot more. Granted, they have a lot out now, but about a third or so is put away.

Daniel tried to get in on the action.

We opened gifts at our home on Christmas Eve- just before heading to NY.

Later on Christmas Eve at my mother-in-law's house



A friend was tonsured a Reader on St. Basil's Day (New Year's)
Katherine crosses herself and sings a lot.

*gasp*

How could we ring in the New Year without a pretty dress?




1 comment:

  1. How lovely!!! A blessed new year to you!!

    ps: as seeing your comment box info - there is a way with blogspot to get all comments emailed to your email - I like this feature as sometimes I get a comment from a blog entry from over a year in the past and if I did not get them emailed to me I would never know!

    Blessings on your day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...