Thursday, January 26, 2012

Channel someone

I went out on a limb here. For day four of the challenge (I skipped day three, but hope to catch up later today) we were supposed to channel someone, but not look "costumey." I chose Downton Abbey's Countess Cora. It is a period drama set in the early twentieth century. When I set out to find the picture, I had a terrible time trying to link it properly. I hope I did this right and the copyright people won't come after me.


Source: UK MSN

I don't think it looks too costumey, but let me know what you think. As much as I would sacrifice just about anything for it to be normal to wear those amazing clothes of earlier times, I really don't want to look like I just stepped out an a movie set when I go out. I think it works though. I have been seeing high waisted skirts and loosely fitting tops.

Cardigan: Gap
Top (It's a dress tucked in): Thrifted
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Thrifted
Necklace (Cameo): Thrifted 


I WAS drinking a cup of tea during the crazy amount of time it took to get two decent pictures, but it may have been a giant Starbucks mug, not that delicate cup. 

I might have let Katherine play with it though...

What a little rascal!

Momma Go Round pleated poppy

15 comments:

  1. I love it, especially the skirt! I once made a dress a la Mansfield Park with enough modern flare to wear out. Sadly, I lost it in one of the many moves made in the last 10 years. You can definitely wear your channeled look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Awe, I would have hated loosing something like that! One of my life's goals is to make a regency dress look modern.

      Delete
  2. This inspiration makes me smile! I love that show! And you did such a good job with it!

    See Me Rwar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am mostly through with the first episode of the second season. So good!

      Delete
  3. I love this! Very Countess Cora, but still modern! Great interpretation! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! I thought it was modern enough, but was hoping to hear it from others. :)

      Delete
  4. fun!! I love long skirts... I think you look great and I would wear this any day... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love long skirts too. I am always trying to come up with new ideas for them since I wear them a lot to the monastery.

      Delete
  5. Aaaabsolutely gorgeous. Fantastic inspiration and a great outfit. Love love love.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never would have thought to put those pieces together without the challenge.

      Delete
  6. So elegant and totally not costume-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check you out, what a cool idea! You look lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that you channeled Downton Abbey (I may be just a tad bit obsessed with that show right now)! You totally caught the vibe, but made it look modern! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...