Saturday, November 5, 2011

I wasn't lying, really.

So, the day I declared myself to blog every day for the next month, I got a surprise. Bam. I got sick, plus the internet stopped working on my laptop {again}. Oh pickles! I am still sick and have had a headache for hours, but I am determined to not let another day pass.

Without further Adieu,

If you knew that the next thing you are would be your last meal, what would it be?


A bowl of white rice.

I would each each grain separately. This why my life could be extended right? No one said how long AFTER the meal death would be.

I actually wrote a whole post for this already and found it pretty lame. I couldn't think of an angle to make this prompt interesting. So I figured I would use it to segue to my new favorite cookbook. I actually read this cookbook like a novel. It is that good. Nigel Slater writes each recipe like you are sitting in the kitchen with him; descriptions are almost "cozy." I feel like I am rereading the Hobbit. A plus for my Anglophile self is that he is a British author. In fact, my British friend gave the book to me.
Amazon
The recipes really are very quick. Also, this book helped me to appreciate simple foods more. I realized that a few select quality ingredients really can go a long way- even on a budget. For example, I am done with those little cans of grated Parmesan. I bought a brick of fresh Romano and Parmesan and started to shred as needed. This not only brings up the level of taste by a lot, it also lasts for quite a while because you don't need as much of it. Keep in mind that this s just Matt and I. I don't know what it would be like cooking for more people.


So that is it. Run. Run to the library or bookstore and get this book.  Now for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...