Wednesday, September 14, 2011

AHHHHHHHHH

 I feel kind of shaken up. I left a pot of water to boil on the stove and went in the other room (not for long). I smelled smoke and came in to find that there had been a flame on the stove (gone when I got there). I know there had been a flame because my pan was scorched and there was ash. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. OH MY GOODNESS. I was kind of freaked out. I have no idea what could have burned as there was nothing on the burner but the pot. Who knows, but I feel so relived that God spared us.

We had Vespers tonight at our neighbor's house. It was mostly candle lit. It was beautiful. For those of you who don't know, Vespers is a prayer service, typically done at night. We are hoping to make it a practice of doing once per week. The monastery does it daily, but it is hard to work out going to everyday- especially with kids (and one car). Since it was at their house, it was much easier to keep track of kids.

To end this post, I have to say that Coldplay just released a new track. It is on iTunes, but you can listen to it (officially) on youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...