Thursday, July 28, 2011

Awesome magnets

So, in the midst of caring for two little babies, I found the time to not only make a five course meal, but also a new craft. I have been meaning to photograph and post this project that I made a year ago.

It is super easy and can make an lovely, yet inexpensive housewarming, shower, or hostess gift. It can also be modified for a simple rainy day craft for children.

I originally got the idea from my hero, Martha Stewart. The original tutorial can be found here.

All you need are some pictures to use as a backing, strong magnets (craft store), photo-safe glue, hot glue and flat glass marbles (dollar store).

Simply cut out the picture, glue to the back of the marble, allow to dry, then attatch magnet with hot glue.

Voila!
I used vintage postage stamps, scrapbook paper, photos, vintage sheet music and magazine cut-outs. You can use anything.
This one was made from a vintage postage stamp. The Erie Canal used to pass through my hometown.

5 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing! my daughter's 11 year old friend showed her something like this, but now I am inspired to make my own! so many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that? Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these! I'll have to do them with Jessica sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...