Saturday, June 4, 2011

What has happened to my memory?

I have always been somewhat absent minded, but I took it to new extremes today.

We have been planning on visiting Matt's family in Queens. This trip had to be cancelled and rescheduled and rescheduled for the past two months, I think. It is terrible. At least we finally reached a time when we were all free.

I scurried about this morning making sure everything was attended to. I very carefully packed Katherine's clothes (accounting for the inevitable leaks) and was happy that it finally fit on one big bag. I went all out- I cleaned so we could come home to a nice house, watered plants, washed dishes, everything.

Since I have to drive home by myself for the first time (NOT A FAN) as Matt is saying in the city for a conference this week, I wanted to have some great car music. In addition, I am leaving the day after I get home to go to my family in Upstate NY. Lots more driving= I need new music. I worked for a while looking for new songs to get from iTunes. It was great until with the slip of a click... I deleted my ipod. Yes, all of my hard work of organizing songs (a multi-year creation) was wiped out. I felt that sinking feeling like you get when you accidentally run over your pet. I put some music back on it, but it really needs a lot of time to be thoroughly replaced.

We got on the road. I am not going to list each delay we had, but it was a lot.  While driving I realized that I left Katherine's clothes and pack of diapers at home. I also realized that I left my ipod at home. However, the worst of all was that when I called to say we would be late, I found out that we were supposed to visit next week.

Thankfully, in the end, it all worked out. They were free, so we could still come. Matt bought Katherine some diapers and we will get her some new clothes tomorrow. When I opened my bag I found out that I actually did pack my ipod.

Wow.

3 comments:

  1. What a story! Sounds like something I would do recently. My brain is just not working. I think it has something to do with having a newborn and three other children five and under :)

    I didn't realize that you are in NY. What area? My husband and I are both originally from NY (two different areas though).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's really what happens when you have kids. There's always something else distracting us, making us forget things! Glad it all worked out. Thanks for stopping by the Sit and Relax Weekend hop! Just now getting around to everyone. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...