Saturday, June 18, 2011

Scented Lavender Jar














































































I made this a while ago in an effort to use less chemical fragrances. The only catch is that you have to stir it around to get the scent strong. In a breach of etiquette to pass along some advice, I will be blunt. If this is used in the bathroom- stirring a few flower buds is a lot less "obvious" than spraying a can of Glade and a lot safer than a lighted candle. The only thing is that I don't know how to relate this to guests without some awkward sign, haha. If you think of something, pass it along.



Todays Creative Blog



I am linking up here and with the other links on my top bar as well.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I've recently started reading your blog. Nice idea. I'm boggled as to how to tip off guests about how to use it, though. The only thing I can think of is to tie a pretty spoon to it as a visual cue, but I'm afraid people think that was intended for scooping out the lavender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and very cute! thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by the Sit and Relax weekend hop again. See you next time. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I don't know how you would suggest that to guests... but it's a good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there- found you through A to Z's hop and am a new follower. Lavender is my favorite scent and I will definitely use this when I move to my new cootage. I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE lavender!! Just seeing this made me feel calm... i may have to try making one!
    (By the way, I know I've never commented on your blog before, so greetings!! =] )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...