Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Make your own healthy microwave popcorn for pennies.

Ha, awesome right?  I bought bulk popcorn a while ago with the intent of cooking it on the stove top. I think I did it once. It is just too much when there are a million other things to do. The great part about this is how healthy you can make it. I was aghast when I read the ingredients of several microwavable popcorn packages.

I can't credit this to my own magnificent mind. I honestly don't remember where I found it. I think it was on Pinterest.  I would love giving credit to the wonder-person who thought of it, but, alas, I can't. Some genius is out there.


Still, I thought I would pass along the marvelous idea.

This is what you need:


That's it! Bulk popcorn and paper bags. Simply put about 1/3-1/4 of a cup of popcorn in the bag and "pop" into your microwave (har har). I am SURE that leaving this unattended would be a fire hazard, so don't do it and use your discretion; don't blame me for anything. Also, putting it in for too long would be bad. I just put mine in for 2 minutes. It popped nearly all of the kernels and  showed no signs of burning the kernels.


For those of you following the fast, this can be completely vegan. After cooking the plain popcorn, I added olive oil and salt. There are a variety of other things that you can add. I have heard of cocoa powder, dill, Italian seasoning, butter (duh), curry and a million other things that I can't remember. Be creative!

3 comments:

  1. So do this mean the baby has not made an appearance yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, no! I even went out and did a lot of gardening tonight. This baby is holding out to pre-school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, all of mine were "late" so you're in good company. I remember telling my husband with #1 (she was born 10 days late), "I'm going to be pregnant for the rest of my life!" and crying. (:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...