Thursday, May 5, 2011

Flower craft party

Anna, Emmelia and I got together today to have girl time and make fabric flowers. We gathered lots of different textures and scraps and all crammed into my little kitchen. Katherine was a model child the whole time, eating copious amounts of watermelon and bananas.

I printed several tutorials for us to get started with.

Simply Vintage Girl's lovely crinkled flowers

Little Birdie Secret's rosette

There were a few more, but these are the ones we used. After playing around for a while we just started to make up our own ideas.

Probably the most fun part was crinkling the flowers with candles. It was sort of difficult though because the tiny work space was covered with fabric and paper.


An easy method is to cut various textures to crinkle and combine.


This is what it looks like after the crinkling.



Lots of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun! Lovely flowers.

    Btw, I'm following from Hop Along Friday and hope you'll come join my Spring Blog Hop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Those turned out cute! Thanks for visiting today. I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...