Friday, May 13, 2011

Fabulous Friday

What made today fabulous? To be honest, parts of today were pretty difficult. Most of it centered over our car being in the garage ALL DAY. It is still there. The mechanic never called us, though he was supposed to. I don't know what happened. While I was in the middle of being incredibly frustrated over it, Matt tried to remind me that who knows the circumstances.

I am still kind of bothered about it, but one thing I have learned is that God can use little things like that to cause a much better outcome. I try to remind myself that when I get behind a super annoying slow driver. Maybe if I was a few seconds slower I would miss an accident or something. I don't mean to sound particularly morbid, but really, how many time have you or someone you knew been seconds/moments away from an accident? So really, it helps keep perspective.

WELL for me the best part of today was F-I-N-A-L-L-Y getting my hair cut (The salon was in walking distance). I used to have it maintained in layers all of the time. However, since I have been trying to grow it out, I have refrained from doing much with it. Well, it has been too long (time, not length, lol.) so I finally had it done.I got the OK from Matt to try layers and bangs again, but I was nervous because since my hair is so much longer now than what it used to be; I didn't know what to expect.


Years ago...
Ah, college days.



So, I look a lot better in the before picture. Hey, it was college, 'K? It was years ago. I would kind of have liked more extreme layers, but I still love the new cut.

1.5 babies later.


I think the subtle layers will be easier to put my hair up. I like vintage hairstyles and they do not often work well with layers. Another reason that I am super excited is that my hair has been tangling SO EASILY. Seriously, it gets super matted in the back in a matter of hours. I think I should go bohemian and get dreads or something. Since getting it cut this afternoon, I have had barely any tangles.

*******
This is totally off subject, but these are just too adorable. I took them today. She is sick with whatever I had earlier this week.

She still loves the bird I made her. Though to be fair, there were only two other toys on the floor when this was taken. However, even when she has other toys, she plays with this a lot. It probably wouldn't have anything to do with me whispering in her ear while she sleeps that Moma's toy is the best on of them all.
If you want to be a super cool mom and make a bird, this is how you do it from scraps.



I have no explanation for this except it made me laugh a lot.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love it- I also loved your hair color back in college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Believe it or not, but I never dyed it. My new dark color is a result of not slaving away in hayfields for the last couple of years, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny :) Well, I like both colors. Your hair is really long in the current photo. Do you find that you hair grows quickly when you are pregnant? Mine does!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...