Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 12 and other things

Well, my husband, Matthew is being ordained as a Deacon March12 back at our home parish in Albany, New York.

For those of you who are not familiar with Orthodoxy- being a deacon is more similar to being an assistant pastor than a protestant deacon. 

Please keep us in your prayers as this is an exciting and life-changing time for us.


Also, news from the homefront- Katherine is basically fine now. She has a residual cough, but those can last forever. I had my baby appointent with my midwife and everything seems to be fine thus far. She is also going to let me continue to nurse throughout the pregnancy which is great. I had pre-term labor problems with Katherine, so that would rule our breastfeeding in the last trimester by most doctors' standards. HOWEVER, I know what pre-term labor feels like after going through it for weeks, so I can easily stop nursing if I get those sensations. Also, since my pre-term labor was determined to have been caused by an infection (though I hold on to my belief that the dates were wrong and that it was normal labor) it shouldn't have to be repeated again.

My little cutie!

2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful!!

    Many years to your husband.

    I am glad that your pregnancy is going well. I tried to nurse my little guy as long as I could, but, since i was so sick for the first half of my pregnancy, I couldn't myself hydrated enough to produce milk for him. I was sad to see him stop, but we made it for almost 15 months, so that isn't too shabby. I hope it continues to go well for you!

    Blessed Lent to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...