Friday, January 28, 2011

My new standard

I have been the bemoaning the loss of many things since I started working full time after college which continued (more so) when Katherine was born. This is that I used to have so many hobbies and interests. I forgot almost all of my French (I took it in college) and so much of what I learned from grad school. Among many other things, I love Shakespeare and 18th century British lit. I want to learn how to knit and also sew some skirts.

I do not have the false assumption that this will magically change.

I know that I have to be realistic. It is definitely tiring to be the primary caregiver of an infant while working from home, while running the home. Being pregnant is like the cherry on top.

However, I decided to not let this be an excuse either.

So, this is my new maxim. I have to do one enriching thing every day. This could be as short as five to ten minutes of reading to as long as I would like- as long as I do something.

I feel quite elated by this thought and look forward to putting it in action.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I always make sure to take a little bit of time for myself every day. That is what recharges me. It doesn't have to be something creative, but simply reading before bed helps me to end my day well and prepare me for the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the most I get done in that direction is reading before bed, but I realize that I waste a terrible amount of time too. I've got to get better about that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...