Friday, November 5, 2010

The life of a bum [me.]

So, I was so sick today. I had a killer headache and was super nauseous. THANK GOD Katherine was very well behaved during the morning and played by herself so I could sleep longer. [Before you think I am a horrible mother, she was either in her crib or right next to me- no neglect! She is too little to do anything anyway.] After the morning progressed and the misery continued I took a Tylenol and, WOW, I SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT EARLIER.

I was still sick, but could take it [sort of.] SO Matt came home from class, went to the store and got me junk health food. Coke, Reses, Kit-Kats, Andes, salt and vinigar chips, and, yes. pickles. Don't ever underestimate the power of pickles. The vinegar is very soothing. I not only learned it from being pregnant for Katherine but I also read an article on it. Why pickle juice is awesome.

So, for the rest of the night I either slept ate tons of the before mentioned food and/or basically wasted time on the internet. I shopped and *gasp* bows head in shame* played Farmville. I didn't really have the spirit to work. I am still trying to get myself to do it, but it isn't coming easy. Grading papers just does not sound like the activity of the moment. I will have to pay for it by working Saturday though

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can definitely relate! I've been dealing with this "all-day sickness" with my pregnancy for nearly 12 weeks now (I start feeling sick almost immediately after conception- it is crazy!). I am ready to feel better, but I don't think I could handle pickles very well. The idea makes me sick... but I'm glad they worked for you. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am. Thanks. Pickles are like the ambrosia of life for me. Yes, that is a slight exaggeration, but they are pretty awesome. I am hoping that you are feeling better as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a particular question, you can always email me at rebekahbethany {at} gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...